Monday, February 23, 2009

not spiritually significant dreaming...

I was brought into a delapitated house by our realator. I had driven by a hundred times, and though the house was in a state of disrepair, the potential was there that it could be a beautiful home one day. The windows were huge and one could tell from the outside that it was packed with all sorts of rooms; rooms for books and chairs and children. As we stepped into the house all of my suspicions were confirmed that it needed some work but it would be beautiful, it COULD be beautiful with my decorating sense and vision. We stepped into a room off the right side of the Living room, and into our would-be den, with plenty of wall space for books. As I tried to calculate how many of our bookshelves might fit I noticed at the far end of the room an animal facing the opposite direction. It was huddled over a stale hot dog bun and chewing the saliva softened bits. I crouched over a bit with my hands on my knees as if I were beckoning it to come play. I watched the long tail move slowly though the air in an "S" curve which switched directions when it reached the end of its' "wag" and came back for another slow pass. With child-like wonder I spoke "look. it's a bunny." The animal stopped what it was doing, and in its' independent and introverted ways it turned and looked past us towards the only exiting door and proceeded to leave. I watched it's face as it approached us; This was no bunny! The pointed triangle ears stimulated fear in my heart as I scrambled for cover behind the realtor and I screamed "It's a RAT!" How absolutely disgusting! The realtor stood there and looked side to side at me as I looked over each of his shoulders. The creature walked past us and through the door giving me another look at his tail. I stepped out from behind the realtor when I noticed the heavily furred tail, and in a sigh of relief I reassured myself "it is only a mouse." I looked back to the realtor with a smile on my face, "it is only a mouse". His face was red with anger and frustration as he screamed at me "It's a CAT!" Man, do I feel dumb.

No comments: